If you’re new ’round these parts, here’s an outline of all posts pertaining to working in the film industry to help you navigate the site more efficiently!
Getting Into the Film/TV Business
- How to Get a Job as a Production Assistant
- Do I Need a Film Degree to Get a Job in the Film Industry?
- Should I Move to Find Work in the Film Industry?
- So, you want to be a Television Executive? Get to Los Angeles. Now.
Supporting Yourself ’til You Make It
- Ways to Make Money While Pursuing the Dream Job (and without a part-time job)
- Film Gear for the Prepared Production Assistant
- Working on a Film Set: First Day Survival Tips
- Crafting a Professional Production Assistant Resume
- Printable 1-page Grip Gear Guide
- Social Media Etiquette on Film Sets (a must-read!)
The Cold, Hard Truth About Life in Production
- The Demands of a Relationship with Show Business
- The Truth About Being a Production Assistant: How Much Money Will I Make?
- The Truth About Being a Production Assistant: A Day in the Life on a Film Set
- “Quiet, Please” – Why Production Assistants Don’t Win Popularity Contests
Don’t Be an Idiot (please!)
- On Production Assistants That Are “Usually Producers/Directors”
- PAs that act like EPs: Can a Good Work Ethic Be Learned?
Further Film Gear Talk
- TV Production? It wasn’t the plan.
- How I Got Started
- The Time an Actor Picked a Fight with Me (Over Breakfast)
- Revisiting Places You Once Adored (on working in Los Angeles)
- My First Mentor
Featured on Hubpages:
Have a question you don’t see answered here? Ask away!